How can you help?
These are some of the things that we need to do; you can be a help in any one or more of these:
1) We need to flare this cause up as much as we can in the media - India or outside India.
2) We need people to suggest us slogans, ideas for banners/posters.
3) We need to make sure all possible organizations (particularly in Delhi) come out extending massive support for the protest rally. These could be Womens' Rights Organizations, Human Rights Organizations, Residents' Welfare Associations, Social Organizations, NGOs etc.
4) Promote the rally/appeal/petition as much as we can. Spread the word like wild fire among all Indians. SMS campaigns, calls to radio stations etc. can be of help. That can create a snowball effect.
5) We need tens of highly dedicated and motivated volunteers in Delhi.
6) We need people all over the country to write to their local media - TV/print, and protest in ingenious ways. For example, by honking at 4:30p.m. (time of the protest rally) anywhere in the country on Sunday 23rd July, 2006 or wearing a black ribbon around your fore-arm on Monday 24th July, 2006 as a mark of continuing agitation!
7) We will need financial help too. Right now, we do NOT have an organizational account. We will have an organizational account very soon.
We welcome/encourage any individual or organization to step forward and support us in this cause; country, color, region, religion, socio-political views etc. are no barriers.